Michael has 25 years of experience as a hydrologist, including positions in federal and state agencies, tribes, academics, and consulting. He holds a PhD in Environmental Science, Studies, and Policy from the University of Oregon, as well as a BS and MS in Environmental Geosciences from Ohio University. Michael joined Xylem as tenured professor at the Oregon Institute of Technology, where his work has focused on design and implementation of experiential learning programs in watershed science, river restoration, and ADV- and ADCP-based hydrologic surveying..
Whether you are new to taking flow measurements, or measure currents for a living, our Application Engineers make it their job to work with you at your pace and skill level. Choose from live, hands-on training, or elect to participate in one of our many online “webinars” at your convenience. We offer options as diversified as our customers!
Sign-up for our eNewsletter
Meet some of the team
While you may already know her from SonTek’s stellar Technical Support group, Xue transitioned over to the Product Management team as Application Engineer. She has a Doctorate in Physical Oceanography from Scripps Institution of Oceanography, and Bachelors in Physics and Atmospheric/Oceanic Sciences from McGill University (Canada), She speaks English, Chinese and French.
Lee has over 20 years of experience in the field of hydrometry, both through both the UK Environment Agency, and a leading hydrology consultant specializing in hydrometric field measurements. He is a member of the BSI/ISO committee CPI/113 for hydrometry - velocity area methods.
SonTek is pleased to unveil the new FlowTracker2 now with optional pressure sensor feature! This new feature allows for:
- More accurate and precise measure of depth
- More accurate and precise positioning of sensor at proper depth for measurement
- Ability to measure in places where sight-reading of depth on a rod is inconvenient or impossible
- Elimination of chance of human error when depth is manually read on the rod (source of error) and then keyed-in (another source of error).
- Ability to review and QA/QC depth time series data back at the office.
- SonTek’s innovative patent-pending method of properly compensating pressure readings under different flow conditions.