Providing robust velocity measurements in a compact, easy-to-use package, the SonTek Argonaut-ADV is the ultimate instrument for shallow water flow monitoring. Ideal for low-flow applications in shallow streams, marshes, lakes, or water treatment facilities, the 3-axis (3D) Argonaut-ADV's advanced Doppler technology measures single-point velocity away from flow obstructions. All signal processing is done internally, allowing the Argonaut-ADV to be readily integrated with a wide range of additional sensors.
- Fixed sampling volume of 0.25cc located 10 cm from transducer
- 3-D down-looking 10 MHz ADV probe on 15 cm stem
- RS232 and SDI-12 communication protocols
- Flexible sampling strategies for reduced duty cycle operation and extended deployments
- 4 MB internal memory (over 100,000 samples)
- Acoustic altimeter
- Compass/tilt sensor
- Internal battery pack
- Temperature sensor for automatic sound speed compensation
- 2-D side-looking ADV probe
- Integrated pressure sensor for water level measurement
- RS422 output
- High capacity external battery
|Velocity — Data Output Rate||User-programmable|
|Velocity — Range||±0.001 - 4.5 m/s (±0.003 to 15 ft/s)|
|Velocity — Resolution||0.0001 m/s|
|Velocity — Accuracy||±1% of measured velocity, ±0.001 m/s|
|Weight in air||3.18 kg (7 lbs)|
|Weight in water||0.45 kg (1 lb)|
|Pressure Rating||60 m|
|3-D Probe Circumference||130 mm (5.1 in)|
|2-D Probe Circumference||147 mm (5.8 in)|
|Temperature Sensor — Resolution||0.01°C|
|Temperature Sensor — Accuracy||±0.1°C|
|Operating Temperature||-5° to 40°C|
|Storage Temperature||-10° to 50°C|
|Pressure Sensor Strain Gauge — Accuracy||0.1%|
|Input Power||7-15 VDC|
|Typical Power Consumption||0.2 to 0.5 W, continuous operation|
ViewArgonaut Software — v 3.72 — 29Jul2010
ViewArgonaut is a Windows-based deployment, postprocessing, and diagnostic software program that can be used with any SonTek Argonaut current meter (MD, SW, XR, Argonaut-ADV and SonTek-SL500).
Argonaut-ADV Firmware — v 11.9 — 31Mar2008
SonTek announces the release of Argonaut-ADV firmware version 11.9. We recommend that all Argonaut-ADV users update their firmware to this latest version.
This is a FREE update for all Argonaut-ADV systems. To update your system to this version:
- Print out these instructions as a reference.
- If necessary, download and install the latest version of SonUtils.v4.20 (or later) for Windows 7/Vista/XP/2K, or v2.50a for Windows 98/95
- Download and install the latest version of the ViewArgonaut Software program (v3.62 or later).
- Download the Argonaut-ADV Firmware v11.9 Update Package (below) - This package includes release notes that explain the details about this release. It also includes the firmware file, your serial number access code, and instructions for loading the firmware into your system.
Argonaut-ADV DOS Suite — v 6.25 — 28Feb2001
Argonaut-ADV DOS-based programs used to control operation and to access data.
*Note: Not for use with MD/SL/SW/XR systems.Get Software